Tampering is a risk any industry with sensitive data and cutting-edge technology has to contend with, but nowhere is the prospect of duplication or substitution more chilling than in the medical environment. It is easy to maintain sterility of procedures and experiments with the right solutions, but the results of the same also need to be safeguarded against alteration.
Instances Where Security Seals Are Mandatory:
Before diving into the different types of tamper evident seals that are used in doctor’s offices, pharmaceuticals, pathologists and hospitals, let us take a look at the ways in which tampering can have an adverse impact on the medical industry:
- Drugs that are considered addicting or fatal in large doses need to be kept under strict supervision. Most pharmacies and doctors conduct a weekly volume count of these medicines and reconcile the leftover stock with the dosages dispensed. In order to discourage the unapproved circulation of these drugs, security seals are extremely important.
- Sensitive medical reports are also stored in sealed cabinets so that private physiological data pertaining to diseases and health indicators are not viewed by unintended parties.
- Samples pertaining to critical tests like the carcinogen marker and HIV also need to be individually sealed so that there are minimal chances of conveying incorrect information to apprehensive patients.
We are market leader in the domain of tamper evident high security seals. We have a number of special seal types for the medical industry and all the units are fully customized, right from color and barcode to adjustment length.
- Pull Up & Pull Tight Seals: These are also known as adjustable length tamper evident seals. Mostly made of plastic they are versatile and encircle everything from large vials of drugs to sample bags to ensure that contents are not disturbed.
- Fixed Length Plastic Security Seals: These are considered to be the most secure of all seals as any sign of tampering can be very easily detected.
- Padlock Seals: These also come with a number of customization options and are easy to apply. Padlock seals do not require additional tools to use and have a very snug fit for maximum protection.
Maintaining the integrity of data and samples in a medical environment is of paramount importance. security seals give you the confidence to store equipment and specimens without danger of tampering.